Cobalt LTE Optical Lens Generator
The COBALT-LTE lens generator is the latest innovation in the COBALT line of surfacing products which features Coburn’s proven mist-cut generating technology for high quality surface finish. This new platform has a space efficient footprint that does not require water management equipment, making it ideal for small to medium-sized ophthalmic labs eager to upgrade their in-house capabilities to offer free-form.
The Cobalt-LT base model is a fast entry-level lathe generator for traditional Rx lens. Designed with expansion in mind, the Cobalt-LT is ready to be upgraded to digital free-form processing, making it a lower cost solution that grows with your business.
The Cobalt-LTE lens generator model adds the advanced “Cold-Mist” digital free-form lens processing right from the factory. Lens can be processed using Coburn’s LaunchPad technology or Cobalt-DP digital polisher for a complete free-form system.
Lens Generator Features
- “Cold-Mist” System provides an equivalent surface finish to wet-cut generating without the need for a water management system**
- Smaller footprint, requiring only approximately 20 sq/ft of lab space including its external vacuum
- Coburn’s patented and globally licensed single-point diamond turning lathe technology
- Stiff & robust granite base provides improved stability and less sensitivity to external vibration for higher quality output
- Precision air bearings for increased cutting accuracy
- Expandable product platform from conventional processing only (Cobalt-LT) upgradable to free-form (Cobalt-LTE) for a lower cost solution that grows with your business**