SOUTH WINDSOR, CT – Coburn Technologies, a leader in providing innovative, end-to-end customer solutions to the world’s ophthalmic lens processing industries, introduces a brand new system, the Duality.
“Duality is unlike any other machine on the market today,” says Alex Incera, President of Coburn Technologies. “We have combined two crucial steps of lens processing into one machine, and have automated those processes in a cost effective and compact platform.”
Duality is built with a variety of key performance features, including:
- De-Taping Mechanism: Duality effectively removes surface saver tape off a broad variety of lens geometries and materials eliminating the labor associated with the traditionally manual process.
- Two-Sided Lens Cleaning: Clean lenses are critical to improving coating yields. Duality provides a thorough removal of all debris often found on a lens after surfacing – polish, tape adhesive and blocking materials. First, the lens is put through mechanical brush action cleaning, then a high pressure wash with detergent, followed by a rinse and dry.
- Fully Automated: Fed by a conveyor, the lens is automatically removed from the tray, de-taped, cleaned on both sides, and prepped for coating without manual intervention.
- Savings: The investment in Duality is easily justified with the labor savings usually applied to tape removal and lens cleaning, and is significantly lower than the cost of the competitive products.
- Small Footprint: At less than 12 ft2, this system has a significantly smaller footprint the size of the nearest competing products.
- Fast: Each of the three stations – tape removal, front side cleaning, and back side cleaning – completes its function in 20-30 seconds.
“With the introduction of Duality, we are expanding automation one step further in the lens production process. Duality, together with our Velocity automated coater, offers hands free processing from tape removal through cleaning and coating,” states Wendell Slone, Director of Coburn’s Lab Works Group.