Kowa SL-17 Portable Slit Lamp
The SL-17 slit lamp’s lightweight design provides easy and versatile operation with a choice of continuous range of magnification from 10x to 16x. With 3 slit widths of .1mm, .2mm and .8mm with a length of 12mm, you will be ready for nearly every practice challenge. The cobalt blue filter is useful for foreign body and contact lens applications. The SL-17 has a rheostat controlled light source from 0 to 20,000 Lux. The LED light source provides a much whiter light than ordinary halogen light sources found on competitive instruments.
The SL-17 is a compact and portable hand-held slit lamp that is an ideal instrument for the domiciliary environment, mobile evaluations, pediatrics, and patients not able to be imaged by a traditional slit lamp. The SL-17 portable slit lamp is especially useful in emergency rooms, where patient mobility is a challenge or when switching between consultancy rooms is necessary.
Offering cordless operation, the SL-17 portable slit lamp is now powered by (4) AAA rechargeable or dry cell batteries to provide long lasting, continuous operation of the extra-bright LED lamp. The slit lamp supports digital or video cameras via the optional c-mount camera adaptor for instant imaging and documentation.
Kowa Portable Slit Lamp Features
- Enhanced portablility during examination
- Sculpted grip for easy handling
- Lightweight design
- Long-lasting illumination
- Optional digital/video adapter
- Cordless for unrestricted examination anywhere
- Easy selection between three slit widths and spot illumination
- Quick, one touch selection of either 10x or 16x magnification
- Built-in cobalt blue filter
- Uses (4) AAA rechargeable or dry cell batteries for long lasting, continuous operation
- New brighter and whiter LED light source
- Batteries provide approximately 140 minutes of continuous use (at maximum light intensity)
- Supports digital/video with the optional video adapter (C-mount)