Velocity Spin Optical Lens Coater
Coburn’s Velocity Spin Optical Lens Coater is a fully automated industrial hard coating system providing the highest throughput of any system on the market while also delivering excellent yields. The automated spin coating machine includes a multi-stage pre-cleaning system as well as lens handling from the job tray, through a multi-stage lens pre-cleaning system, followed by a secondary cleaning system, coating, and cure, finally returning the lens to the job tray. All of this is accomplished without operator involvement.
For those optical labs not yet ready to automate, Coburn can offer a manual version of the Velocity spin coating machine to take advantage of these key benefits.
Velocity is a five-station hard coating machine:
- Loading Station – lens is prewashed and placed in a centering mechanism for the next station
- Washing Station – designed as a removable module, this station incorporates a rotary wash/dry bar assemble DC motor drive, dry air coalescing filter, air over water high pressure pump, and mist extraction
- Coating Station – thermally controlled coating station keeps coating viscosity consistent
- UV Curing Station – designed to reduce, and even eliminate, high index warping
- Unloading Station – capable of loading, tracking and returning up to four trays (including single lens trays)
SPIN COATING MACHINE FEATURES
- Automated lens loading and unloading with multi-stage pre-cleaning system
- Off-the-block processing
- 120 to 130 lenses per hour
- 5 station UV coating machine incorporating a load, wash, coat, cure and unload stations
- Thermal controlled coating station that keeps the coating viscosity consistent
- Recipe driven environment for coating process control
- LMS connectivity
- Easy access for services and diagnostics
Velocity Spin Coater is GREAT!
“The Velocity Spin Coater is bullet proof! I’ve been using one for over two years now, and I am able to process lenses at a rate of a pair per minute. Once I learned how to set it up and maintain it, my output is nearly 100%! Yes… it works that well!”