Cobalt DP Free-Form Lens Polisher
The Cobalt DP, high-speed, soft-tool lens polisher is part of the Cobalt high-volume production system for free-form and traditional RX lenses. The Cobalt surfacing process leaves the final polished lens optically clear (virtually haze–free) without the need to apply hard coating for optical clarity, while producing better surfaced (cut & polished) free-form lens results than any other free-form surfacing system in the industry.
The Cobalt DP utilizes 4-axis motion control compared to other optical polishing machines using only 3-axis. This helps provide the user with the ability to control, move, and manage the lenses with greater speed, accuracy and variation than any other system on the market.
The Cobalt DP can easily be paired with Coburn’s Cobalt NX and NXT/NXT+ lens generators, as well as any other compatible free-form surface generator.
Cobalt DP+ Automation
Cobalt DP supports complete automation with the addition of the new Cobalt DP+. Place lenses in the tray at the entrance of the Cobalt DP+ conveyor belt for hands-off polishing, and retrieve the polished lenses from the opposite end of the conveyor belt.
Lens Polisher Features
- Only 2 soft tool laps needed for polishing complete range of lens curves: 1 for 80% of range, 1 for remaining 20%
- Variable axis control which allows for more precision and customizable control of polishing process
- Haze-free polishing process that produces crystal clear lenses after polishing with no coating required to remove haze
- Isolated polishing chambers which can polish 2 one-eye jobs, of different materials at the same time
- Widest available soft-tool curve range: 0 to -14D, 6D Cylinder, 6D Prism
- Pair with the Cobalt NX, NXT/NXT+ or other compatible free-form lens generators