Cobalt NX Lens Generator
Coburn’s Cobalt NX Lens Generator continues to push the limits of optical lens generators to produce superior quality lenses in terms of form and finish. Building on the Cobalt heritage, the new generation Cobalt NX incorporates a number of enhancements including a linear motor and an integrated spindle to provide extra precision and more accurate lens geometry.
Cold-Mist Technology atomizes a water-based lubricant directly at the cutting diamond which saturates the lens surface and creates a “wet core” for the cut, then evaporates completely after it leaves the chamber. This results in a lens surface equivalent to competitive wet-cut generators without the need for water management.
OPTICAL LENS GENERATOR FEATURES
- Enhanced Lens Quality: The quality of the lenses produced with the Cobalt NX is far superior to that of previous generators. Cobalt NX is designed for processing for all indexes of lenses (1.498 to 1.74).
- Auto-Calibration: Manual calibration is also available, but for those who want an automated machine, Cobalt NX optical lens generators introduce automatic calibration for more efficient and faster processing.
- On Board Engraving: Cobalt NX now brings engraving on to the machine, with capabilities to produce simple shapes and alphanumeric using the secondary axis. Now the need to purchase additional equipment is eliminated.
- Interrupted Cut: Interrupted cut is now available on the x axis.
- Cold Mist/Dry Cut: With on-board cold mist/dry cut, the need for expensive waste management is removed.